Monday, November 12, 2007

new people.........

This past Friday, I had the chance to socialize with some new people in my hometown. It was great because of our social interaction was in a setting that we feel it was comfortable. I went with Jesse and his wife Tara (Jesse is working at the school that I went to and his wife is a waitress/bartender at a bar 30 miles away), Noah (HS English teacher) and Kathy (HS Science teacher). Jesse introduced his brother and his girlfriend to the rest of us.

We sat at one place (where Tara worked) and shoot the 'shit' and basically chatted. After that, we went to another bar and seen alot of hunters (must be hunting season). Jesse and his brother played a round of pool and seeing Jesse getting his butt whomped was hilarious (considering that fact that he beat me and Tara the Thursday of last week). After that, we went to one of the booths to sit and BS some more. Here comes Tara and her boss come walking in the bar. By then we decided it was time to come home and get ready for Saturday. I had to babysit for Jesse's Siberian Husky named Sky (another blog on that). Jesse and his entourage hit the city of SIN (Deadwood). As we were leaving the bar, Tara wanted me to stay there and drink some more, but I decline the offer because I had a duty to fulfill.

The whole idea of my blog for today is that these people are new to my hometown and what a perfect way for me to make new friends and enjoy their company as they continue to be part of this little town. They are teachers and when they are in school, they respect for their professionalism with the children and outside of the school, they are just people (like me) living paycheck to paycheck.

With that, some one has to be friends with some one.

No comments: